Hot Search: InnJoo UI Note i2s
View: 85|Reply: 0

I have a Redmi Note 5 Pro. AMA

[Copy link]

Topics

Middle school

Post on 2019-2-4 13:11:36 | All posts |Read mode
Last edited by itnithand on 2019-2-4 21:48
Xiaomi announced the Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 5 Pro in India earlier this week. I have the Pro variant of the handset with me which features a Snapdragon 636 @ 1.8GHz, 4GB RAM, and 64GB of storage. Been using the phone for over two days now. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
My thoughts on the device:
  • Fast. The Snapdragon 625-powered Redmi Note 4 was no slouch either but the Note 5 Pro feels considerably smoother and faster. Runs on MIUI 9 based on Android 7.1 Nougat. It even feels faster than my Galaxy S8. Shame on you, Samsung.
  • The Note 5 Pro is slightly thinner than the Note 4 and its edges are a bit more tapered. This is something you will immediately notice if you are coming from the Redmi Note 4. Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire
  • The camera is a nice upgrade from the Redmi Note 4 but still behind the likes of the LG G6, V30, Pixel 2 etc. Not surprising given the price of the phone. Camera samples attached.
  • Like OnePlus, Xiaomi has placed the buttons on the navigation bar towards the center of the screen. Not a big fan of this move.
  • Not a fan of the white front fascia on the gold model. The black and blue variant look rad though.
  • The 4GB RAM/64GB variant costs Rs Rs 13,999 (218$), while the 6GB RAM + 64GB variant is priced at Rs 16,999 ($265).
  • 4000mAh battery. Easily lasts through a day of heavy use. No fast charging sadly. And still uses a microUSB port.
  • 20MP selfie camera. There's also a portrait mode for the front camera. It works decently given the price.
  • Not so impressed with the Portrait mode of the rear camera but then, I have not taken many photos either. Need to play around with it more.

Props Report

Points policy of this forum

!fastreply! Top Return List