Inn Forum

Find
Hot Search: InnJoo UI Note i2s
View: 588|Reply: 9

How To Use WhatsApp From The Desktop

[Copy link]

Topics

Moderator assistant

Happy Valentines DayMerry ChristmasMonitorKSA iFanFacebook followerIndia iFansGood studentHumor master

Post on 2015-1-25 13:56:19 | All posts |Read mode
Last edited by Sam on 2015-1-26 13:16

In May 2013, Vuber released desktop clients for both Windows and Mac along side a feature called ViberOut which allows users to hand off a call from their mobile devices to their desktops. A good year later, WhatsApp has rolled out something to that same effect. WhatApp conversations can now be held from your desktop. Their solution isn’t as flexible as what Viber had to offer. To begin with, there is no desktop app; the conversations are to be held over a web interface (linked at the end) and for now, only the Chrome browser is supported. Like with Viber, your connection is still tied to your phone and the phone number registered with the app. You will have to upgrade your current WhatsApp app and unfortunately, iOS will not get this new feature (yet?). The present offering is available for Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, and Nokia S60.

Launch WhatsApp on your phone (make sure the app has been upgraded to the latest version). Tap the more button and select the WhatsApp Web option. Scan the QR code on the WhatsApp web interface from the mobile app to sign in on your desktop.

Once the code has been scanned, you will be signed in to the service and all conversations on your phone will by synced to your browser. You can send files by clicking on the attachment icon at the top right of a conversation thread.

When you sign in, i.e. before you scan the QR code, you can check the Keep me signed in option and you won’t have to sign in over and over (repeatedly scan the QR code with your phone) each time you want to use WhatsApp on your desktop. If you want to sign out, click the more button at the top right of the list of conversations and select ‘Log out’.

WhatsApp Web lets you edit your profile and delivers desktop notifications when you receive a new message. The messages are of course delivered through Chrome’s notification system.

Verdict

As far as similarities are concerned between WhatsApp and Viber’s offering, there are many. Obviously you can continue conversations from your phone on your desktop since there is no call feature. iOS and all browsers except Chrome have been left out for now, so this new feature is self-restricting. The real question is, how smart is it to tie the sign in function to your phone and a QR code? It is inconvenient for sure but also pretty secure so perhaps not a bad trade off.

Visit WhatsApp Web

Source: ...addictivetips

Rate

!number_of_participants! 1Coin +5 Hide Reason
toljosade + 5 I like it.

View rating log

SAM | MODERATOR ASSISTANT

Props Report

Topics

Moderator assistant

Happy Valentines DayKSA iFanIndia iFansMerry ChristmasGood studentHumor masterI love InnJooFacebook follower

Post on 2015-1-25 14:35:14 | All posts
Great share mate, Love it.
Regards,
Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Moderator assistant

Facebook followerNigeria iFanMerry ChristmasEgypt iFanKSA iFanPakistan iFanthe Philippines iFanUAE iFanIndia iFansGood studentHumor master

Post on 2015-1-25 17:10:09 | All posts
Nice share mate
Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Moderator assistant

Happy Valentines DayMerry ChristmasMonitorKSA iFanFacebook followerIndia iFansGood studentHumor master

Author| Post on 2015-1-26 11:52:51 | All posts
SAAA posted on 2015-1-25 14:35
Great share mate, Love it.

Thank you dear SAAA.

Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Moderator assistant

Author| Post on 2015-1-26 11:53:16 | All posts

Thanks a lot my dear friend toljosade

Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Moderator assistant

Happy Valentines DayKSA iFanIndia iFansMerry ChristmasGood studentHumor masterI love InnJooFacebook follower

Post on 2015-1-26 12:31:15 | All posts
Sam posted on 2015-1-26 11:52
Thank you dear SAAA.

You are welcome.
Regards,
Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Kindergarten

Post on 2015-7-24 19:43:16 | All posts
I tried severally to scan the code with my innjoo 1s but it failed to scan it on both google chrome and firefox.

pls what do i do?
Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

Moderator assistant

Facebook followerNigeria iFanMerry ChristmasEgypt iFanKSA iFanPakistan iFanthe Philippines iFanUAE iFanIndia iFansGood studentHumor master

Post on 2015-7-25 02:16:49 | All posts
trueprofits posted on 2015-7-24 19:43
I tried severally to scan the code with my innjoo 1s but it failed to scan it on both google chrome  ...

Make sure your phone is on internet active
Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

High school

Pakistan iFanEgypt iFanKSA iFanNigeria iFanthe Philippines iFanUAE iFanIndia iFans

Post on 2015-7-28 21:08:45 | All posts
awesome Mod ... thanks for shearing
Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Topics

High school

Post on 2019-4-30 15:47:39 | All posts
I'm not into it that much and this is the main reason why people are trying to figure things out on qr scan. If they know what is missing here, they will see that people have gone about it and learned it.
Reply Support Opposition

Props Report

Points policy of this forum

!fastreply! Top Return List